We only just started blogging, and we found this great site written by a humongous dog named Mango. Mango weighs more than dad, which is saying a lot, because he is getting kind of lazy lately and hasn't been taking us for walks (hint hint). Anyway, Mr. Mango runs a show called Mango Minster, and it is designed for those of us dogs who don't want to go through the training and rigorous practice involved in the fancier dog shows. Plus, we don't have weird owners.
So I am writing my entry for Mango Minster 2011. Hopefully I can still be considered! I am going for the Doggie Diva category. My qualifications are below.
Doggie Diva Qualifiers
- Huzzy photos all over the internet? No way! I made sure to destroy most of the evidence of me in compromising situations. All my photos are family-friendly.
- Wardrobe bigger than my humans? Not exactly. We have more costumes than our humans but that is mostly their fault. They like to dress us up for Halloween and Christmas, but they haven't figured out yet that we hate stuff on our heads. Also, I was Rosie the Riveter at the 2010 GABR basset waddle, but that was for a good cause and it made me famous.
- Shockingly embarrassing outfits? See #2.
- Work for praise? Absolutely not. I only work for treats and chew bones.
- Howling/moaning/headbutting? Not exactly. But I have trained dad to pick me up on the bed, even though I can do it myself, and I usually take his warm spot and rearrange the pillows to my exact specifications. There are lots of times where I sleep on the couch and he doesn't.
- Own a crown or tiara? Hmmm.... well like I said in #2, we don't really like stuff on our heads... but a tiara might be just the thing...
- At the end of the day....? Not only is it all about me at the end of the day, it's all about me ALL of the day.