January 9, 2011

Stupid TV Commercial Sunday #2

Honey Bunches of Oats

Our second winner in the stupid TV commercial category are the Honey Bunches of Oats spots.




These have been around for years, and they showcase a bunch of really exuberant Post Cereal employees raving about their product. Now, I'm all for employee happiness on the job, but if I were a new hire at the Honey Bunches of Oats plant, I would be a little suspicious about drinking the company coffee, because these people are way too excited about a bunch of processed wheat and grains. Some of the older commercials featured a van or an RV or something that drove around and offered strangers on the street a bowl of cereal. I don't think I would ever eat a bowl of cereal given out by strangers on the street. Moist cat food, perhaps (only the good stuff), but definitely not cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment