So I looked at the Mango Minster categories and decided I best fit into the Cracker Dog group. Here's why:
- Am I a terrier? No, but I have been methodically exercising my legs to let me jump really high (for a basset hound). I can jump on the bed, and that is saying something for a dog that only has 5 inches of ground clearance! Dad never has to help me, unlike my lazy sister. I also like to terrorize the cats (see below).
- Zoomies? I run super fast all the time, especially when there are things to chase. Every once in awhile I run for the heck of it. Below, I am chasing a dog at the 2010 GABR waddle.
- Dig gigantic holes? Not really, but I do have to dig in my bed every time I lay down in it.
- Shredding? I have to check the trash periodically to shred tissue paper. SOMEONE has to do it around here. I am also fond of socks and underwear.
- Flinging/yapping at the door? I don't 'yap'. I howl. There ought to be a basset-specific category at Mango Minster!
- Spring-loaded legs? Dad calls me a torpedo sometimes. See #1.
- Tennis ball spaz? We play chase every night now, and sometimes I even let mom and dad catch me. Other times I hide my toys from them so they can't throw them.
So, all in all, I am the epitome of basset hound cracker-dogness. The video below says it all.